Pimp your Ramen!
Learn to pimp up fast ramen noodles in under 15 minutes.
Pimped up Ramen with Bok Choi, Sesame & Ginger
Let’s face it, not all of us like to cook, have time to cook or care about cooking. But all of us enjoy good food and sometimes we need some fast food. And if you are like me, you always keep a packet of instant Ramen noodles in your pantry. You know, the cheap kind that you like, but embarass to let people know you eat. Well, follow the recipe below to pimp up your Ramen to turn it to a luxury dish that you will be proud to share with your friends. BUT, you have to be willing to throw away that little packet of mystarious artificial seasoning that comes with your Ramen, and invest in a quick homemade broth instead. I promise, it only takes a few minutes. And once you shop for the base ingredients, you’ll have your pantry Ramen proof for next craving. This recipe is created for a commercial campaign for CDON, in cooperation with Bästa Kompisar Advertising Agencies in Malmö.
Servings: 1 portion
- 1 clove fresh garlic crushed or pressed
- .5 tbsp freshly grated ginger (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp oil (vegetabilie or canola)
- 1/4 dl Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 cube Vegetable or chicken bouillon (or 2 tsp powder bouillon)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Bok Choi Leaves seperated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Garnish: Chopped scallion, chilli flakes or sauce, sesame seeds
- Start to cook your egg to a soft yolk. This takes about 6 minutes
- While your egg is cooking, saute the garlic and ginger in the vegetable oil. Add the water, bouillon, soy and oyster sauce and bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Add the ramen noodles and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving bow. Top with the bok choi leaves, drizzle with sesame oil, and add the cooked egg. Garnish with salad union, chili and sesame seeds.
You can add pre-cooked chicken or shrimps for extra protein. If you prefer your bok choi cooked, then add it to the broth when you add the noodles. I prefer mine almost raw.